What is Alpha?
- Alpha is an opportunity to explore life and the Christian faith, in a friendly, open and informal environment.
- Alpha is not so much a course, but an experience!
- Gathering once a week over a eight or nine week period, each Alpha experience brings together people from every walk of life.
- We begin each Alpha gathering by sharing a meal. We will meet in the Parish Meeting Room or St Paul’s Hall. In future we will also have the gatherings in homes or at a club / pub / restaurant…
- No matter where Alpha takes place, the format is the same. We eat together, we watch a short film and then we gather together in small groups for discussion.
Who is Alpha for?
- Alpha is for everyone and anyone.
- The beauty of Alpha is that there are no questions that are too hostile, too silly or too simple.
- Alpha has no prerequisites whatsoever.
- We come together with one another as we are, free to be ourselves.
- Over 30 million people across the globe have done Alpha.
When will Alpha run?
Alpha begins with a meal, includes a 20-30 minute film, and time to share questions and discussion about the film or life in general. Everyone is invited to share, but you can choose to remain quiet as well. There is no charge for the Alpha program, but you are welcome to leave a donation to cover the cost of the dinner (evening Alpha) or morning tea (morning Alpha).
- During 2019 Alpha will run in term 2 and term 3-4.
- Discover Jesus and come alive in your faith
Be part of Alpha.
Alpha – Come together for yummy food, watch a short film, have fun and share faith together in a small group.