The Sacrament of Confirmation completes the sacrament of baptism with the beautiful power of the Holy Spirit.
- The minimum age for this sacrament is a child in Year 6. Children should have received both sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist.
- Candidates must be attending Mass weekly, pray regularly and have begun to live the life of a disciple of Jesus by responding joyfully to the proclamation of the gospel in their lives.
- In 2019, preparation for the sacrament will take place during term 1, with the sacrament celebrated in early May.
- Enrolling: Any family who wish for their child or children in Year 6 or above to make this Sacrament in 2019 need to collect the enrolment form at the Parent Information Evening. You may only pick up a form for your child. No one will be permitted to pick up a form for another family or child.
- Parent Information Evening: Wednesday 27 February from 7pm – 8.30pm in St Paul’s Church.
- All families who are presenting children for Confirmation MUST be represented at this gathering where important details about the Sacrament of Confirmation will be given. If not represented their children will not be able to make the Sacrament this year.
- Attendance at information evening, classes, preparation day and Sunday Mass is compulsory.
- Ideally, the sponsor chosen by the candidate would be one of their Baptismal Godparents.
The Sponsor must be a confirmed Catholic, over the age of 16 years.
Parents do not act as Sponsors.
- Sacramental Program for 2019 TBC