Easter is the high-point of the Church’s whole year
- Click the image on the right for a document with full listing of service times
Prepare for Holy Week with the celebration of mercy
- Mercy Night – Second Rite of Reconciliation
Date to be announced
Come and join us for any or all of the different ceremonies during Holy Week
- Palm Sunday – 6pm, 8am and 10am, with procession of palms from Parish Centre at 10am
Tuesday of Holy Week – 16 April
- 7pm Chrism Mass with Bishop Brian Mascord – St Francis Xavier Cathedral, Wollongong
Wednesday of Holy Week – 17 April 2019
Holy Thursday – 18 April 2019
- 7.30pm Mass of the Lord’s Supper
- Includes presentation of the holy oils, washing of the feet, procession to the chapel, and prayer vigil until Night Prayer at 9.30pm
Good Friday – 19 April 2019
- Stations of the Cross @ 10am – audiovisual reflection on the cross of the Lord
- Reconciliation available after both morning and afternoon services
- Commemoration of the Lord’s Passion @ 3pm
- Includes the scriptural reflection on the Lord’s Passion, the solemn intercessions, veneration of the Cross and Holy Communion for those excluded and marginalised.
Holy Saturday – 20 April 2019
- On Holy Saturday, the church waits in silence at the tomb of Jesus, grieving and lamenting.
According to the ancient tradition of the Church, Mass is not celebrated today.
7pm Mass of the Easter Vigil
- The Easter Vigil begins in darkness in anticipation of the resurrection of Jesus, which occurred early on Sunday – the first day of the week
- Includes lighting of the Easter fire, procession of the Paschal Candle, singing of the Easter Proclamation, five Scripture readings, and blessing of the Easter Water with loads of joy, music and song.
Easter Sunday – 21 April 2019
9am Easter Sunday – Mass of the Resurrection
- Easter Sunday morning at 9am (time to be confirmed)
A chance to proclaim the impact of the resurrection in each of our lives.
Note this single Mass replaces both the 8am and 10am Masses on Easter Sunday morning.