Easter is the high-point of the Church’s whole year
Come and join us for any or all of the
different ceremonies during Holy Week
- Palm Sunday – 6pm, 9am, with procession of palms from Parish Centre at 9am
Tuesday of Holy Week – 7 April
- 7pm Chrism Mass with Bishop Brian Mascord – St Francis Xavier Cathedral, Wollongong
Wednesday of Holy Week – 8 April
- No Mass
Holy Thursday – 9 April
- 7.30pm Mass of the Lord’s Supper
- Includes presentation of the holy oils, washing of the feet, procession to the chapel, and prayer vigil until Night Prayer at 9.30pm
Good Friday – 10 April
- Stations of the Cross @ 10am
- Commemoration of the Lord’s Passion @ 3pm
- Includes the scriptural reflection on the Lord’s Passion, the solemn intercessions, veneration of the Cross and Holy Communion for those excluded and marginalised.
Holy Saturday – 11 April
- On Holy Saturday, the church waits in silence at the tomb of Jesus, grieving and lamenting.
According to the ancient tradition of the Church, Mass is not celebrated today.
7pm Mass of the Easter Vigil
- The Easter Vigil begins in darkness in anticipation of the resurrection of Jesus, which occurred early on Sunday – the first day of the week
- Includes lighting of the Easter fire, procession of the Paschal Candle, singing of the Easter Proclamation, five Scripture readings, and blessing of the Easter Water with loads of joy, music and song.
Easter Sunday – 12 April
Easter Sunday – Mass of the Resurrection
- Easter Sunday morning at 9am
A chance to proclaim the impact of the resurrection in each of our lives.